Sunday, May 29, 2005

There's a parade by Liverpool fans in Orchard road just now and I was not there! Argh.. I read about it in the papers but there's no details bout it, so i tot it's not going to be true until my friend just told me that they drove around in an open top double decker bus and went pass Devil's Bar.. haha must be on purpose..

Anyway, I went to the Food Fest and the MPH book sale at Expo in the afternoon. The Food Fes was damn crowded, we had trouble finding seats for my 2 nephews to sit down and eat their food. We finally got a table but we had to share with strangers. Then after they left, 1 auntie in the 50s and her maid came and sat down with us. The maid went to buy food, and the auntie begun to chit chat with my sis. Then there was this couple with their son standing beside her and the father was feeding the kid. As it was quite troublesome feeding the kid standing up,so the mother ask the auntie the seat (which belongs to the maid) was taken. This auntie just ignored her and carried on toking to my sis. I tot that she couldn't hear it but when the mother ask her the 2nd time, she barked back, 'Aiya seat taken lah! Can stop disturbing or not?!?' How Rude!! And so being the ultimately gentleman, I stood up and passed her my seat (I was seating across the table, away from the mother). Well the mother was quite happy and I think she purposely said this within ear shot of that auntie, 'Thank you! You are so kind!'

So happily after eating, we went to the book sale. The books there are cheap! I bought Da Vinci's Code and Digital Fortress by Dan Brown for 10 bucks each, Michael Owen's autobiography for $8, and a pre-prequel (yes pre-prequel.. it's bout what happen even before 'The Hobbit') to the Lord of the Rings for $5!! HAHA! Wanted to buy Angels and Demons by Dan Brown but since I can borrow from Jus or Grace, I bought Digital Fortress instead. They got books selling for $4, and children's colouring books for $2! My nephews were so happy and picked up a few books on The Incredibles, Finding Nemo etc effortlessly. And since the books were so cheap, people just throw the books after they finished browsing it. I find myself doing that too. Gone were the days when I would nicely wrapped the book up in plastic after I bought them. It seems that people treat cheap things for granted. It's always the case, me too. And after seeing so many poor books lying around in the exhibition hall just now, I will make an attempt to treasure the books I got. And I still have not finished the Speed Reading and Increase Memory books by Tony Buzan that I bought 6 months ago! So I will try to finish up all the books before school reopens, what a feat.

Read this from soccernet from the Nike Vice chairman or what bout Man U's under achievement this season. 'Chelsea won the league this year, Arsenal won the FA Cup and Liverpool won the Champions League. So you could argue that Manchester United is only the fourth-best club in England at the moment.'
Haha How true..

No comments: