Saturday, May 07, 2005

BEACH OUT~!!

Woke up at 7.30am(SEE TAT JUS I CAN WAKE UP EARLY IF I WAN TO) to drag my ass down to Sentosa for an event call Beach Out organised my NTU EEE and MAE clubs. I joined Kel and his 3 friends (I only knew them just now) for the beach soccer competition. 6 teams, 2 groups, top 2 from each group will be drawn into the semi finals. 10 mins per half, and we played bare footed (beach soccer wat). And my team is call Mao Mao (Hairy). Why this name? Cos the captain is quite hairy haha. There's one team call Lao Mao (Old Hair) also. Haha. Ok anyway we were drawn in Group A to face Vietnam Lions United and 1 more local team (cant remember their team name).

Anyway. 1st match against the Vietnamese was a rough match. We were trashed upside down inside out by 9-2. Somehow they can shoot very well bare footed (yes i really mean very well). Kel says its because they got no money at home to buy shoes so they always play barefooted, that's why they are so good at it. OK crap aside, we got rough. Sliding tackles aimed at the legs of the Vietnamese players (sometimes aim ball), pushing, shoving around all the time. It got quite bad and by half time (it's 10 mins per half), 2 of my team mates' knees had to be wrapped up cos they're bleeding. And I was quite tu lan at 1st but heck lah, just a game, no point get worked up by some bare footed ppl who dunno how to count in English. So 2nd match we needed to win to get to the semis and hope that the Vietnamese win them also. And we won it in style by winning 6-1. I managed to get a goal, a crisp left footed shot after beating a defender. After that I spent the time defending haha. And the Vietnamese beat this local team also and we are thru to the semis.

In the semi final we were up against Lao Mao. They got a girl inside their team and they can progress to the semis!!! This shows that the 4 guys inside are good. But we were better, beating them 3-2, and I got my 2nd goal, a header from a corner. Haha Kel got a chio goal, shooting from a kick-in at the top corner. And WE DIDNT PLAY ROUGH, cos they got a girl inside, and too bad lah not my type if not I get her number liao. Expectedly, the Vietnamese won their semis too and we met in the final.

Think it's fate lah. Played against them in the very 1st game, and the very last game too. But this time, we were not rough at all. That's because every one was totally shacked out, legs bleeding and bruised. We've no energy, no will power. So you know the result, 8-0. Sianz. Sia suay. Humilation. But wat the heck, they got so many subsititues (we got no subs as it's supposed to be a 5 on 5!!!!). So they won $120, we got 80 bucks. Haha $16 per person. But after looking at my injuries, $16 is not worth it. But the trip is not wasted! THERE'S LOTS OF GIRLS ON THE BEACH! Hope to go there again soon. Muahaha....

OK time to make my way home from hall. Still need to come here next week to bring my clothes back. Raining for the past few days, and my clothes can't dry. SIANZ.

No comments: