Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Just feel like writing something. So here goes...

Suddenly feel like listening to boy band songs. So I went to d/l (er.. ya d/l.. shhh) some songs by backstreet boys and 2 from westlife. Its been quite some time since I last listen to their songs, and among all the boy bands, I can only stand BSB, cos their songs are slightly nicer. No Boyzone nor N'SYNC cos there're gay members inside. Haha. The 2 songs by Westlife, If I Let You Go and Swear It again, 'followed' me thru one of my more stressful period, during O levels. And that time my 1st nephew was born not long ago, so I sort of have a soft spot for these songs.

After Sec 4, I was slowly switching over from pop to rock songs. After I bought the Sugar Ray album, I felt that the members are more talented in the sense that they can play instruments and sing, instead of their boy band counterparts who can only sing. And then Justin lent me Blink 182's new album (Take of your pants and jacket), and coincidentally it was their best album and thus I got hooked. Somehow I realised that listening to rock songs before coming to school will pump adrenaline into your blood, making you more alert, instead of becoming a sleepy head in class. Soon other rock bands found their way into my discman, like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Offsprings, Oasis etc.

Although I am not 'kan tang', but I still prefer to listen to ang moh songs to mandarin songs. My eldest sis influenced me as she always tuned in to ang moh radio channels, while my 2nd sis always listen to 93.3fm. I find that 93.3 DJs were quite boring so I started to follow my eldest sis and like ang moh songs more.

Its funny how some songs can be associated with a period with your life. Like what I said above, whenever I heard that 2 Westlife songs, I would be reminded of how I slog thru O levels and taking care of my nephew at the same time. Blink 182's The Rock Show and Stay Together WIth The Kids remind me of my JC days, Oasis's Stand By Me reminds me of my NS days when I was learning to play this song on the guitar, Puddle of Mud's Blurry will bring me back to my outfield days in NS during the sian recce course. Hero by Chad Kroeger will remind me of my past love life. Accidentally In Love - of my year 1 Uni days. Of course there are many many more.

Music, makes the people, come together... Haha therefore sharing mp3s is the thing to do.

No comments: