Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Liverpool will never be the same again with out this guy...

Robbie Fowler. He is the player I adore most in the world, and he's the reason why I like Liverpool 12 years ago. He was the icon for Liverpool then just like how Steven Gerrard is the icon for Liverpool now. And I am sad that this is his last season for Liverpool. Good things must come to an end no matter what. Even when he is called 'God' by his adoring fans.



In my opinion he is the best Liverpool player I've ever seen. When he was going through a bad patch during the Houllier Era, I've emailed him through the Liverpool site saying some encouraging words and he (or rather his representative?) replied! It's a pity that I didnt keep the email cos I was using my old Pacnet email.


He inspired me to play football using my left foot as he is a left footer himself but I'm a right footer. Hence I had to train and learn to kick using my weaker left foot in Sec Sch. I'm pretty good shooting with my left foot now, but sometimes I confused myself in situations whereby I dunno which foot should I use to pass or shoot. Haha. I still take pride in my shooting using my left foot, which is more accurate but not as powerful when I shoot with my right.



I was devastated the day Fowler was sold to Leeds by the then manager Houllier. He wasn't at his best of form then and people said it was a good deal to offload him. Nevertheless, Liverpool fans still didn't forget him, and even after emergence of Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard, Fowler is still THE ONE that remained in our hearts. And Anfield will always be grateful to Benitez for bringing him back.


Now that he has played his last game for Liverpool at Anfield, I have a little wish: that he will score the winning goal in the Champions League Final next week. And let me see his goal celebration one last time in a Liverpool shirt.


All those who have a red heart can rejoice, for they have seen 'GOD'.

No comments: